MUMBAI, India–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Maharashtra is the pioneer State to develop and promote Agri-Tourism in the country. To further promote it in the State and commemorate the 14th World Agri-Tourism Day (16th May), Department of Tourism, Maharashtra Government in partnership with Agri-Tourism Development Corporation India, is organising ‘INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AGRI-TOURISM’ on 15th and 16th May 2021. The objective of the conference is to explore the sustainable entrepreneurship opportunities for rural women through Agri-Tourism.
The conference will provide a platform for national and international experts, researchers and farmers to share their experience and present examples on successful agri-tourism practices from various countries including Italy, Oregon, Illinois, Vermont, Uganda, South Africa, Philippines, Scotland, Spain and Thailand. The event will offer an overarching understanding of the agri-tourism sector, its challenges and opportunities, and will develop recommendations and an action plan that will guide the efforts of strengthening the agri-tourism sector. Furthermore, it will showcase the vital role played by the Rural Women as enabler of sustainable and socially responsible tourism.
Some of the notable speakers at the conference:
- Shri Aditya Thackeray, Hon’ble Minister of Tourism & Environment Government of Maharashtra
- Ms Valsa Nair, Principal Secretary, Tourism & Culture, Government of Maharashtra
- Dr Dhananjay Sawalkar, Director, Department of Tourism Government of Maharashtra
- Dr. Mina Gabor, President, International School of Sustainable Tourism, Ex Principal Secretary Tourism, Government of Philippines
- Lisa Chase, Director, Tourism Research Center, University of Vermont USA
- Jane Eckert, Eckert Agri Marketing USA
- Katharine Millonzi, Managing Director Pleiades Network – USA
- Scottie Jones, Founder Director, US Farm Stay Association OREGON USA
- Dr Harsh Verma, Ex Technical Director, UNWTO, Spain
- Maria Baryamujura, Social Entrepreneur CEO Cobati Uganda
- Ms Charniee Chaiyochlarb, Director Mini Murrah Farm Thailand
- Ravazzoli Elisa, Eurac Research Institute for Regional Development, Bolzano, Italy
- Ms. Jacquie Taylor, Managing Director, Agri-Tourism South Africa
- Caroline Millar, Scottish Agri-Tourism, Go Rural Scotland
The international conference will also celebrate excellence and success of Women farmers and Agri-tourism practitioners by felicitating them with ‘World Agri-Tourism Awards 2021’, selected by International Agri-tourism Awards Committee.