DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Alcohol Ethoxylates Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for alcohol ethoxylates is projected to register a CAGR of? greater than 3% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Huntsman International LLC
- India Glycols Limited
- Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Stepan Company
- Thai Ethoxylate Co.,Ltd. ( TEX )
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Soaps and Detergents Segment
- Alcohol ethoxylates are either further processed or are used as active ingredients in many commonly used cleaning products, such as household laundry products. Their surfactant properties improve cleaning by reducing the surface tension between the wash water and dirt on clothes or dishes, helping in the removal of dirt in the wastewater.
- Alcohol ethoxylates are also used in personal care products, such as shampoos, as well as industrial and institutional cleaning products.
- According to the International Association of Soaps, Detergents, and Maintenance Products, the European detergent market has around 700 manufacturing facilities, showing a significant impact on the global soaps and detergents market.
- The soaps and detergents segment is growing at a rapid rate owing to the increasing awareness about healthcare. The top countries producing and exporting soaps include Germany, United States, China, Japan, and Malaysia. The top five countries account for more than 35% of the total soap exports.
- According to the International Association of Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products, the European soaps, detergents and maintenance products market is valued at EUR 38 billion for the year 2019. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 virus, the market has seen a slight growth in 2020, owing to increasing awareness in selfcare in the region.
- All the above mentioned factors, in turn, are projected to drive the demand for alcohol ethoxylates in the soap and detergent segment in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is the largest market for alcohol ethoxylates, with market segments, like soaps and detergents, personal care, and industrial and institutional cleaning, expected to grow in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific is also expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, with increasing demand from segments like personal care, in China, India, and the ASEAN countries.
- India and China are the largest consumers of soaps and detergents across the world. Being the two largest populated countries in the world and growing, the consumption of soaps and detergents in these countries is expected to see a rise in the forecasted period. This consumption is expected to propel the demand for alcohol ethoxylates in the coming years.
- Around 1,515 thousand metric tons of detergents and 1,153 thousand metric tons of soaps were produced in the FY2020, in India compared to 1,484 metric tons of detergents in FY2018 in the country.
- China Personal Care market is one of the largest personal care markets in the world. For the year 2020, the Chinese personal care market revenue stood at around USD 63.4 billion. The revenue grew around 24% compared to USD 51 billion in the year 2019, according to Statista Forecast.
- Indian Personal care market revenue has reached a value of USD 4.2 billion in 2020, with revenue growth of over 15% compared to USD 2.9 billion in 2019. The Indian personal care market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.91% during the period 2021-2025, according to Statista Forecast.
- Thus, the rising demand from various industries is expected to drive the market in the region, during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Personal Care Industry in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Industrial Cleaners
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Environmental Concerns
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to the Impact of COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Origin Type
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Expansion of Application Base for Bio-based Surfactants
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s7yfhe